Western Union International Money Transfer
Western Union connects more than 200 countries through its international money transfer services. OMT, Western Union’s first Accredited Agent in Lebanon, opens a two-way channel with the WU network.
Through more than 1,200 OMT locations across Lebanon, you can receive money sent to you through any WU Agent abroad and send money from Lebanon to any country within the WU network, without needing a bank account. The amounts sent can be received within minutes of transfer.
To locate the nearest Western Union Agent or use WU digital solutions, you can visit WU website and indicate your country of residence on the following link:
For more information about how to send and receive money with OMT | Western Union, you may refer to the sections below.
Central Bank of Lebanon decision# 14/44/00 dated 4/10/2000
How to Send Money
- The money transfer details filled on the form available at OMT locations.
- Your valid government issued ID or Passport.
- The receiver’s first and last names (as they appear on their ID or passport).
- The destination Country.
- The amount you wish to send.
Once you sign your receipt and receive your Money Transfer Control Number MTCN number, provide your receiver with:
- The 10-digit MTCN.
- Your full name.
- The amount you sent.
You can choose to receive an SMS once the receiver collects the money.
How to Receive Money
- Your 10 digit Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) given to you by the sender.
- Your valid government-issued ID or Passport.
- The sender’s first and last names.
- The country where the funds were sent from.
- The amount you expect to receive.
Western Union International Money Transfers can be collected in USD only.
Please ensure you count your funds in full prior to leaving the location.
Terms & Conditions
- The Western Union Money Transfer Service is available to persons 18 years of age or older.
- A valid government-issued ID or passport is required to send and receive funds.
- You may be required to provide additional details if instructed by the agent.
- Transfers sent to Lebanon are collected in USD exclusively. A 2% cash-handling fee is applied to manage the USD liquidity, including shipping, transportation, insurance and distribution costs.
- Limitations on amounts that can be sent vary by country. Please inquire in advance by calling OMT Customer Service Center +961 1 391 000.
- Western Union exchange rates are applicable when converting money from US Dollars to other currencies and vice versa.
- Other terms and conditions may be applicable, including during certain promotion periods. For complete details, please call +961 1 391 000.